Sitting here in the (semi) quiet...
I'm sitting in the Living Room surrounded by most of my children who are occasionally interrupting with questions about breakfast and chores. How lucky I am to have the freedom to enjoy them and how sad that, sometimes, I don't see it that way.
The phrase, "Do all for the glory of God" is a phrase that I've been working to incorporate into my daily life for about 6 weeks now. What does it look like to discipline a child "for the glory of God", what does it look like to, "for the glory of God", encourage a child to do his chores or play nicely with a sibling.
It's so easy to discipline the kids so that they stop doing whatever it is. It's easy to "encourage" the kids to play nicely with a yell so that I can have some peace and quiet. But that way doesn't glorify God.
I'll keep working on it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home